Wednesday, June 2, 2010

if you wanna see me, if you wanna see me, if you wanna see me...

At Mickey Cohen's Thursday Night Pokergamehej! hur är lä´get? sadly that's about all the swedish i know but i would love to learn more. i've been combing through my record collection and found a large stash of albums from burning heart. you are probably familiar with some of the bands on their roster even if you've never heard of the label itself. their ranks included the refused, international noise conspiracy, millencollin and a little band called the hives to name a few. what you may not know is that burning heart had an amazing stable of swedish ska bands that easily kept pace with their punk rock label mates.

chickenpox and liberator were two of my favourites. liberator were a little more rock and liked to play with their sound from album to album but they had a solid ska foundation. chickenpox was a little more early 80s uk style ska but both of them spent an inordinate amount of time in my cd player. i punished those albums.


anywho, i kind of just wanted to say thank you to the good folks from sweden that have been reading my blog. i hope you're enjoying it and i would love to hear from you. i've been planning a trip for a little while now and would love some tips on what to see and where to go.

No comments: