Friday, April 17, 2009

the kids are alright


well for the most part they're alright.


there's this odd thing lately where everything i've been listening to has been pushing every button it can to make me sad. i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but i've been up to my ears in things that have been making me think about stuff i would rather not be thinking of.


have you ever had a piece of music remind you of a time/place/person/thing that you had strong feelings for or related too? i know that's vauge as hell but i don't know how else to explain it. the things i've been listening to have been making me think of being a kid and having to change school's several times because we moved or when my parents used to fight all the time and their eventual divorce. i've been thinking about the first time i had my heart broken and then wished it was the only time it had been. really, i've just been thinking about all the sad things that have ever happend to me and at some point i realize things are really good because none of that is happening at the moment.


the moral of the story is don't listen to samamidon's "saro", "wild bill" or "o' death" cause they're all about making people feel down. sad stuff that is.

1 comment:

Sprockette said...

Thanks for the comment, i use a Canon Rebel XTI with on-camera adjusted saturation and contrast levels.
I think people tend to have skewed perceptions of themselves. The lived-in effect I suppose.

As for your question, there are several songs that literally bring a stab of pain to my heart when I hear them. Sometimes it's nice to just break down to them and remember why they make you feel that way, but a lot of the time I pass over them because I'm not in the right mood. It's a feeling I've never matched to anything except love, so I guess it's love.